POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadowless keyword turns spotlight into a point light : Shadowless keyword turns spotlight into a point light Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Shadowless keyword turns spotlight into a point light
From: Przemek Loesch
Date: 7 Feb 2005 17:55:01
Message: <web.4207f0fd47077f18b0aac12c0@news.povray.org>
I've noticed that making a spotlight shadowless causes it works like an
ordinary point light. Is it intended? If so then how to make a shadowless
spotlight?
Also there is a difference between placeing the keyword before spotlight
attributes and after them. The first situation creates a shadowless point
light, and the second leads to the spotlight with shadows.
I've read the documentation and it says only that "shadowless" should be
placed before all spotlight and cyllindrical definitions or after them.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Przemek